Friday, June 8, 2012

Oakdale Farmers Market

Went to Oakdale farmers market last night, I didn't take much money because I went with the thought "what would they have that I cant grow in my own garden". Well as it turned out there is a lot, I learned a lot from our local farmers. I now know honey comes in flavors. Burch Bees was there with manzanita, orange blossom, wildflower, and sage honey.  I have to say until last night honey was honey and you buy it in the store. I had no idea it is flavored by the type of crop the bees pollinate. The bees have a fly radius of three miles, so they need three miles or more, of one crop to flavor the honey.We were able to taste test the different honey flavors. I wanted to purchase wild flower honey, but she suggested I get the manzanita. She told us it is the most difficult honey for them to retrieve and would not be around long. We were pleased with our manzanita honey purchase and vowed to bring more money next week. What a great place to meet people and learn things about their products.



No comments:

Post a Comment